Wednesday, July 28, 2010



Ok its less than 48hrs till Jaye and i head off, so my next post will probably come from Nairobi, Kenya.

Anyway i ask you this, what were you doing between April and July in 1994?
If my memory serves me correctly I think i had just started going to school in Ballarat after moving with my family from Port Hedland.

These are the dates of one the darkest chapters in Rwandan, if not human, history. The Rwandan Genocide was the cold blooded killing of 800,000 - 1,000,000 men, women and children Tutsi's, and pro-peace Hutus. The two ethnic groups of central Africa have a history of civil conflict. But the question has to be asked, could the powers of the western world been able to prevent this tragedy from occurring.

Shake Hands with the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda by Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire (Force Commander for the UN peacekeeping efforts in Rwanda)

I highly recommend reading this book. There is also a DVD documentary you can most likely pickup form your local library.



genocide survivor, scars from machete attack




How lucky do you feel to live in Australia?

This all occurred 16 years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment